Dear Fellow LM_Netters:  Below is a VERY happy ending to what I and many
others believe to be an incredible story.  Let me recap:  Several months
ago...around March, a lady came to my library wondering if there was any
way I could help her locate the owner of a lost class ring that she found
many years ago.  The only information she had was the name of the
school...graduation date....and initials.  Not having much, but knowing
the power of the "net" and the "friendly helping lm_netters, I sought
your help...found out that "Northwest School" no longer existed due to
consolidation...but that with the help of the former school district and
Librarian maxine Freeman, we after months, found the original owner of
the ring!!!  Below is the final response I just received...(the potential
first owner was the lady we thought the ring first belonged to...this
person help find the true owner!)  Thanks again LM_NET...just wanted to
let you know the power of us!  Maybe some of you will remember my first
posting or plee for help on lm-net.

Ken Hawley
Central A & M Middle School
khawley@isbe.state.il.us

On Mon, 26 Jun 1995, Maxine Freeman wrote:

> Ken,
> Believe it or not, with the help of our 1st potential owner, we now have
> found the true owner of the lost ring--June Kathaleen Beck (Drake). I
> have already put Mrs. Behl in touch with Mrs. Drake and she (Behl) called
> to say she is satisfied Drake is the owner. Her story matches that of Mrs.
> Behl. Husband in military, being shipped to Europe, she to New Jersey to
> ship car, visited restaurant, lost ring in bathroom, never expecting to
> see it again. Isn't this amazing! Mrs. Drake's mother thought this should
> be included in RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT. If not that then some "mag"
> where the "power of the net" can be appreciated. I have really enjoyed
> this entire caper. Thanks for your original posting. I guess we can
> consider this case closed as soon as Mrs. Drake receives the ring which
> should be around July 1 according to Mrs. Behl. Let me know if you need
> any further details. HAPPY SURFING!
> Maxine A. Freeman            Northwest Middle School       910-924-5126
> mfreeman@isnet.is.wfu.edu    Winston-Salem/Forsyth Co.     910-607-7213

LM_NET Archive Home