First of all, thanks again for responses regarding Peter Spier's name
pronunciation.  Thirteen out of fourteen responses agreed it is
"Spear".

I just got a job at a very small, new church school. I will be
teaching third and fourth graders, in the same classroom. I haven't
taught in three years and feel I'm a little "out of it". Does anyone
know of a listserv for private schools, church schools, etc.  We will
be using the A-BEKA curriculum.  Also, my administrator said that the
students take a field trip once a month to the public library to
check out books!!!  I have my work cut out for me!
I'd appreciate any comments.
Thank you again.
Mary Kay Wisener
Univ of North Texas