Hello, I know this is not a medical list, but since I have been on this
list for awhile, I thought some of you might be interested in some
medical-related information.  So I wanted to tell you about a new list I
am list owner for - it is about Prostate problems.  Here is our announcement.

If you have patrons who are doing medical research or like to keep note
of interesting medical mailing lists, then keep this one in mind!  I am
also list owner for a new list about Leukemia (and Lymphoma/Myeloma, all
in 1 list) - should I also announce that here?  Is this kind of thing
interesting?  Maybe some of you can drop me a note in private email, and
I will use that response to gauge whether I should announce the Leukemia
list here when it is ready.  We are also going to announce on NEW-LIST and
the oncology lists.  Thanks...

This is an unmoderated discussion list for patients, family, friends,
researchers, and physicians to discuss clinical and non-clinical issues
and advances pertinent to the problems of the Prostate - Prostatitis,
BPH, and Prostate Cancer.  This includes patient experiences, psychosocial
issues, new research, clinical trials, and discussions of treatment
alternatives.  This list is not associated with any company or group and
is run entirely by volunteers.

The principal focus is expected to be information and reassurance for patients
and loved ones.  Anyone may join, and it is free to use - there are no fees.

To SUBSCRIBE to the Prostate list:

1) Send electronic mail to this email address:

        Listserv@sjuvm.stjohns.edu

2)  Leave the Subject line blank or enter a single character if your
    email program requires something there.

3) Place the following message in the body of the mail:

subscribe Prostate First-name Last-name

Messages to Prostate will be sent you in "digest" form daily. That means
each day you will receive one large message that includes all posts to
the list for the preceeding day.  If you prefer, you may change to
individual messages, after you subscribe.  Full details on this and other
features such as access to archives and other functions of the Prostate
list will be sent with the acknowledgement of your subscription.

If you are inclined, please send a message to the list to introduce
yourself, after your subscription starts.  This is not required; but it
will make it easier for you to meet people.  After you subscribe, you
will automatically get instructions sent to you via email on how to send
a message, and how to change your subscription options.

For those not familiar with a Listserv:

A listserv is a public or private electronic mailing list.  People who
"subscribe" to a listserv ask that their email addresses be added to the
mailing list.  There are thousands of lists on a very wide range of topics
on the Internet.

Listserv is a way of sending one notice to many different people on many
different computer systems.  Listservs are one of the more popular ways to
quickly disseminate information, share opinions, and get advice through the
Internet.

If you have any problems subscribing or have any questions, you can write
to a human being at:

prostate-request@sjuvm.stjohns.edu

Thank you.

                                                       Last updated 7/3/95