I do think that we should take the time to research the facts
presented to us from their original sources before we make hasty
conclusions.  I am not challenging the original writers integrity;
however, it is for the benefit of all that we validate and verify the
facts from original material.  By doing this we will lend additional
credance to the writer and further the case against discrimination.

I have seen all too many cases where interpretation of original
material was a major factor in published material.  Many people have
been considerably embarrased by basing their opinions on 2nd hand
material rather than researching the material first hand. ( Of course
it is much easier to quote someone elses research rather than to do
our own.)

It might be interesting to view Disney's WWW source to see if they
have published the words to their songs.  Regarding John Smith, the
local library might provide us with good information.

I think we should do this first since the attached document has been
forwarded around a bit.

George Allen

> > Here are the facts: Disney is distorting the historical genocide which
> > occurred in the story of John Smith and Pocahontas. John Smith was 42
> > years old (some accounts place him at a much older age). Pocahontas was
> > an 11 year girl. Yes, John Smith was a child molester. He writes in his
> > own "Histories," that he did not have a relationship with her, but
> > basically raped her, left her with child and still saw her as a
> > uncivilized savage. She did go to Europe, but not on her own free will.
> > She died at the young age of 21. John Smith never saved any "Injuns"
> > life, he was trying to kill as many Indians as possible in order to get
> > their land.
(snip)

words to Disney songs were part of the original document

(a lot of text was deleted from the original post)

LM_NET Archive Home