Dear Group,

We are all getting so worked up about Disney "changing" the "original"
versions of the stories they use in their movies.  Perhaps it would help
to remember that most folk/fairy tales existed in the oral tradition LONG
before the collectors such as Grimm, etc. wrote them down.  As such, as
any student of folklore knows, they undergo constant revision depending
upon the storyteller.  Of course Greek Mythology is another good example
of this.  There are many versions of common myths.  I suspect we show our
age and calcification when
we can't accept changes :) (I'm an ancient 44 and yes, can remember life
before TV too...)

Take care all!

Marsha

                        Marsha K. Haaser, Librarian