Exactly right,IMHO,Sister Penny--I was busly teaching phonics at work but
at home my own had been a sight reader since 2 and was EVIL about phonics
in 1st grade--called them VILES(I know she knew the right way but to her
they were vile--as an adult she still doesn't
"see the point" to phonics. When she stsarted tutoring,as most good
teachers, she learned MUCH from Sojourner House(a half-way house for
Mom's and kids)students. Now she knows that reading is hard work for some
young students and phonics helps 'em work it out!At 21, she's finally got
"sound and blend"--I hope her students progress as well!
"

LM_NET Archive Home