In a previous article, ermlick@OBERON.PPS.PGH.PA.US (Judy Ermlick) says:

>If anyone has bought CD-ROM's lately and gotten the "soft pkg"--saving on
>packaging --we know that these barely work at home,let alone in a student
>situation. I was buying blanck jewel boxes at the computer store-3 for
>$4.00--it took my daughter's musical boyfriend to bring me them from a
>used record store-brand new at .69 a box! I had cracked one, and had 2
>other CD-ROMs with no boxes. So while it's summer,and some are
>roaming--check it out!

Go to your local radio station and see if they've had to quit using the
jewel boxes due to space contraints.  They may be willing to give you jewel
boxes for free.  My local university station does.

--
Johanna Halbeisen                               "We are confronted by
Rebecca M. Johnson School(K-8)                   insurmountable opportunties."

LM_NET Archive Home