I have the same problem Betty does with missing issues of the yearbooks and
defaced copies.  I had the problem solved until last year.  I have a public
file of yearbooks, defaced,  missing, as well as duplicate  issues. l also
have a secret file of yearbooks hidden in my workroom.  It is complete and
not defaced.  Only used at my desk with my supervision.

But, alas, last year, we remodeled the library.  One staff member had charge
of the remodeling.  While that was going on she went through ALL my cabinets,
 cupboards  and files.  I was horrified last year when she marched into the
work room, opened the correct door and paraded out with one of the year
books!  For years, I had safeguarded a complete set for the history for the
school; now she has passed the information on to her buddies, and while the
collection is still complete, I fear it won't stay that way.

But, if you don't have one of that type in your school, hide a complete set
somewhere. It worked for me for 25 years!
Nancy Reed
St. Mary Middle/High School
Paducah, Ky
nupper@aol.com