I loved reading The Mark Twain Murders - it took place in the
Northwestern University Library - my alma mater, and I worked in the
library for a year between undergrad and grad school.  I don't want to
spoil the plot so don't read this - the denouement takes place in the
department where I worked - the Core Library.  The intrepid female
protagonist stops the fleeing murderer by flinging a book through the 3M
security gate - the locking exit gate brings him to a quick stop!

LM_NET Archive Home