Joanne, that sounds like two people (or two computers) are trying to pull
up the same record at the same time.  I don't use Alliance Plus, but I
get that same message in our software when a record is up on, for
example, the circ machine, and the librarian goes to her compouter to
call me with a question about it.  If she pulls the same record up again,
she will get this message.  If there are no other machines on, the
problem is probably a file (or record) stuck open.  Sometimes that
happens.  If you use Novell, check your file server console to see if
there are some phantom logins.  Clear them all but you.  If that STILL
doesn't solve it, down the server and restart it.  (I'm assuming you have
this networked....)

LM_NET Archive Home