I know this has been delayed but I was having trouble with my e-mail
account.  Out of 30 + replies, the following incentives/consequences of
having overdue books were mentioned more than once.
        Restrict use of library
        Not allowing students to take semester or final exams
        Hold yearbooks
        No check out
        Don't allow students to register
        Hold diploma
        Mail notice to parents
        Talk with every students
        Hold transportation passes
        Detention
        Allowing student to check out 1 book overnight
        Hold report card
        Locker clean-out
        Can't use copy machine
        Treats for returning overdue books
These solutions were mentioned once:
        Not allowing work on computers
        No trips that are not course-related
        No more than 5 items out
        Contest for a clean record
        Drive to student's houses
        Have school's phone system call over the weekend
        Phone parents (personally)
        Issue nothing in Sept. until books are returned (for example:
                class assignments, textbooks, lockers, ID cards, etc.)
        No cap/gown issued
        No grades/schedule
        Give list to teachers
        Social probation (dances, sporting events)
        No prom
        No awards assembly
Tips that were mentioned are:
        Make sure students know policy before it happens to them
        Get support of administration
Have a great summer!
                Vicki Asper
                Lock Haven High School