I would like to add books by Elizabeth Peters to the list of fun summer
reading. Her mysteries set in the early 1900's about a woman
archaeologist are hysterical! The first one is *Crocodile on the Sand
Bank* . She also writes as Barbara Michaels--those are kind of
supernatural mysteries.

I also thoroughly enjoy Tony Hillerman. His mysteries use Navajo Indians
as the main characters (police officers) and include a lot about the
Navajo culture.

Sara Paretsky's mysteries are good, too!!

In another vein, the fantasy series by Robert Jordan is outstanding.
There are five or six in the series now; the latest one is *Lord of
Chaos* The only other one I can think of
is *The Eye of the World* and I can't remember if that's the series or
the title of an individual novel--maybe someone else reads these??

I've enjoyed reading everyone's suggestions--thanks!!

Vickye Drury                    vdrury@tenet.edu
Library Media Services          817-871-3135
Fort Worth ISD                  817-871-3172 FAX
100 N. University
Fort Worth,Tx 76107

LM_NET Archive Home