On Sat, 3 Jun 1995, Mary Kendall wrote:

> I find it interesting that Tom Clancy is not a favorite author among our
> group.  Since he is a neighbor (I don't personally know him), I have tried

Mary,

I've read most of Clancy's work.  I also like Robert Ludlum.  I just like
high tech spy stories.  The part of _Disclosure_ (which isn't a spy
story, and I can't even remember the author!) that I liked
the most was when they were exploring the virtual reality files.  I
haven't seen the movie so I don't know how movie makers chose to handle
that part of the book.  I have a feeling the sexual harrassment received
much more attention than what the corporation was developing and getting
ready to market.  The concept and the probability of such a device are
interesting.

Another book that is interesting from the internaut point of view is
_Terminal Games_.  The plot is pretty predictable and it's not a
*favorite* book, but it *is* interesting.

I suppose my two all time favorites are _Gone with the Wind_ and _War and
Peace_, in that order.  (Yes, I actually did enjoy _War and Peace_ after
I got all of those names straightened out!)  I read both of those a long
time ago, and I don't ever remember actually *missing* a book after I
finished it as I did _Gone with the Wind_.

I'm curious about the newly discovered Mitchell manuscript that I read
about recently in the paper.

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home