While this is by no means a complete list of such things, here are a few
titles of books of poems about sports suitable for students.  I like to
share them in the appropriate seasons.  One of my favorites from this
list is *The Sidewalk Racer and other poems of sports and motion.*
Enjoy!

  Sprints and distances; sports in poetry and the poetry in sport. Illustrated
  by Clare and John Ross.
  Morrison, Lillian, comp.

  This sporting life. Ed. by Emilie Buchwald and Ruth Roston.

  Sports pages. Illustrations by Steve Kuzma.
  Adoff, Arnold.

  American sports poems / selected by R.R. Knudson and May Swenson.

  Hosannah the home run! Poems about sports, selected by Alice Fleming.
  Fleming, Alice, comp.

  Sports and games in verse and rhyme. Selected by Allan D. Jacobs and Leland
  B. Jacobs. Drawings by George DeLara.
  Jacobs, Allan D        comp.

  The break dance kids: poems of sport, motion, and locomotion.
  Morrison, Lillian

  The sidewalk racer, and other poems of sports and motion / Lillian Morrison.
  Morrison, Lillian.

        Cheryl Bybee, Director of Library Services --  Northside ISD
        6632 Bandera Road, Bldg. D              San Antonio, TX 78238
                        (210)522-8190     cbybee@tenet.edu