Friends,

I have loved the suggestions of reading for the summer -and consequently,
the rest of my life.  I, too, have liked Clancy, Francis, Ludlum and many
of the others.  But I readlly love Anne McCaffrey's books, _The
Dragon-riders of Pern_ which is a trilogy and her succeeding novels about
Pern as well as her other offerings.
I have about a 20 minute drive each way to work every day and I have
discovered the value of books on audio-cassette.  I spend a lot of time on
the road besides for work and have gotten a lot of reading under my belt in
the last couple of years.  Many, many of the books that have been
recommended are on tape.  It's also a wonderful way to read on a long trip.
People probably wonder at me as I drive down the highway clutching the
steering wheel, leaning forward in my seat as I mentally chase down
criminals, etc. etc.  I do mostly highway driving--have to be more careful
in the city.

Happy Summer and HAPPY READING!!
Barb

Barbara Weidner,Librarian