After post a question about whether or not MARC records could
be downloaded from dracom and locis, then popped into Winnie,
I've been hit with a deluge of me, too's, what're locis and
dracom, and two answers!  The answer, as I suspected, is no (at
least probably not).  It did sound too good to be true!

For those of you interested in dracom and locis, they are both
sources of MARC records from the Library of Congress, and easy
to get to online.  They can be printed out, then entered by
hand into your circulation system.  They are both easy to use.
For dracom, just telnet to "dra.com" (No quotation marks.)  For
locis,  telnet to "locis.loc.gov)

A couple of people did recommend Marcives.  Don't know the
price.  Brodart makes a CD called Precision One, but I'm not
very fond of theirs.  Subject headings, notes, and punctuation
are inconsistently done.  I don't think they have professional
catalogers doing them.  I've heard Follett's are the best.
Precision one is $500 for one retro disk, and 3 or 4 quarterly
new disks.  These also have AV materials on them, which is
really handy.

Happy searching!
--
Kathy Lafferty