A public librarian, on the YALSA committee of ALA asked me to
post this. The Young Adult Library Services Association
Publishers Liaison COmmittee is asking YA librarians to comment
on ways to contain the continually rising cost of new books.
They would like you to answer this survey, rating which
criteria you would be willing to sacrifice to keep prices
steady: reinforced bindings, quality of paper and photo
reproduction, decorative endpapers, availability of books in a
hardcover format, availability of a separate book jacket,
smaller size.
        Please number your responses from 1 to 6 (1 being the
criteria most important to retain) and provide separate answers
for fiction and nonfiction. Email your responses to
atheis@leo.vsla.edu
        PLEASE do not email them to me. I'm simply posting this
for the public librarian who asked me to.

LM_NET Archive Home