Dear LM-netters
The first grade teacher at my school has asked me to forward the following
to you in the hope that students at your school may be able to help.
Hi, my name is Eva Hampson. I am a first grade (5-6 year olds) teacher at
Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School in Australia. During May and June my class
is undertaking a unit of work that develops basic understandings about
forces and energy. As part of my programme we are exploring procedural
and explanatory texts. We would like to invite children from other schools
to write and send us simple procedural texts on how to make some 'hand-made'
moving toys. Hopefully, in due course, we will be able to construct these toys
and send you our 'explanatory texts', informing you how the toys worked.
The address is:
Grade One
Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School
123 Marshall Street