Dear LM_NETTERS:

  I need information to make a decision about laptops in an elementary
computer lab.  Does anyone have a wireless laptop arrangement in their lab?
 Can primary aged students use a laptop keyboard or is manual dexterity
with the smaller keyboard a problem?  How have you handled storage?  Do you
put students in charge of recharging the batteries or do you have your
clerk/aide/parents do it?
  We are looking to alternatives to construction involving loss of a
storage closet (groan, ugh! where do I put this stuff!) and dividing the
library.  We would like to keep the area as open as it is now but are also
worried about noise from printers, keyboarding classes, etc.  Does anyone
have knowledge of soundproofing fixtures to take the noise level down
without having to put up a wall between the library and the lab?  We
currently use the area for reference and for instruction and have many
tables which serve as meeting space for our staff and parents at other
times.
  I apologize for the long-winded note but am looking for advice and SOON!
HELP!
Luckily I know with this great group of people that I will get the help I
need.  Thanks.

>>Gail Barraco, LMS
Cayuga Heights Elementary School
Ithaca City School District