Thank you for all the gracious and interesting responses to our origami
paper crane request!  Teachers in 25 states have responded!  I think we
still have a very good chance of presenting the cranes to the people of
Hiroshima and Nagasaki on the 50th anniversary of the bombing in August.

If you have a colleague, friend or relative in one of the following
states and would be kind enough to forward this message to them, we're
looking for respondents in these states:

AL, AZ, CT, DE, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, NE, NV, NJ, NM,
ND, OH, RI, SD, VT, WV, WY and DC.

Thank you again, AK, AR, CA, CO, FL, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MO, MT, NH, NY, NC,
OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA & WI!  If you would like to send
pictures of your students or pictures of students working on the
cranes--even a note, haikus from your students, etc., send them along!
We'll send a booklet of all of this along with the cranes.

This project has been interesting to me personally.  It shows how a
message on the internet is capable of touching the hearts of many
people.  I spoke with a woman in San Francisco yesterday--the
spokesperson for the "Friends of the Atomic Bomb"--a group which helps
survivors.  She gave me so much help--names of officials to contact and
resources to use in teaching.  I'll eventually compile all of the
wonderful ideas and reflect them back to you!

Thank you again, so very much, for participating in this project.  Sharon