Perhaps there is a copyright guru out there who can answer this for us.
In studying copyright with library assistants, the question came up about
if it is legal for a teacher to ask a student to record a program at home
to bring to school for class, provided it is done within the 10 days
requird by law.  Can a student bring in a tape they have made of a
program without the teacher's request?  My students know this happens a
lot, without our being aware of it in the media center.  Our unit on
copyright has made them sensitive to incidents that might be in
violation.  (I have had many "what if" questions that I am not totally
sure of the answer.  Anyway, any help here will be appreciated.

Toni Wooten (twooten@nando.net)

LM_NET Archive Home