>Date sent:      Tue, 2 May 1995 10:23:34 -0800
>Send reply to:  Beverly Sadoski <bevs@MUSKOX.ALASKA.EDU>
>From:           Beverly Sadoski <bevs@MUSKOX.ALASKA.EDU>
>Subject:        Technology Standards
>To:             Multiple recipients of list LM_NET <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>

Bev asks:

>Do any of you have in your district technology standards for elementary,
>middle, and secondary libraries?  I am thinking of a shopping list, e.g.
>how many computers, cdrom drives, etc.
>
>We have an upcoming technology meeting where we can plug in some equipment
>and figures into a district document.
>
>TIA--thanks in advance.
>
>Bev Sadoski

Mary Beth McKee has an article in School Library Journal, April 1995,
v.41, no.4 titled "A Day in the Life of a Virtual Librarian." Pages 32-33
list FTP, gopher and Web accesses at Mississippi State U for the National
Center for Technology Planning (NCTP).  It is a clearinghouse for a variety
of plans (schools, school districts, public libraries, etc.) and planning
aids (brochures, checklists, etc.) that you can look at or transfer to
yourself.  Plus, for those of you with plans done or in the making, you can
send your plans here for others to use.  I have not looked at the site from a
"standards" point of view but perhaps it can help.

Brian A. Greene, Networking Coordinator, Community Services Rep.
Wyoming State Library          I'NET:  bgreen@windy.state.wy.us
2301 Capitol Ave.              PHONE: (307) 777-3634
Cheyenne, WY  82009            FAX:   (307) 777-6289