Re: Debbie's message about being required to save/surplus the books
weeded.  I have been told every year (I ask again--just in case) that
state law in WA requires that everything be surplused--even those
paperbacks that look like rats have been eating them as they are so old
and/or well used.  So far, in five years, the district has not held a
surplus sale.  I'm dreading the day they do, as I'm sure I'll get the
"whyever did you get rid of this book" criticism.  I'm told that when
they have been offered at surplus and not purchased, then the district
may dump them.  I was glad to see your message, Debbie, as I was feeling
as you were.

Molly Pearson
LaKewood Primary and English Crossing Elementary
Lakewood, WA
(north of Seattle)
mpearson@eagle.esd189.wednet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home