The principal just handed me a publicity blurb from an organization calling
itself the Career Education Network.  I have never heard of this group
before, and their offer sounds a bit too good to be true: they will provide
a set of videos and/or software in addition to "storage devices" free of
charge.  All the sites have to do is make the materials readily accessible to
patrons, put up "no less than 3 CEN Career Awareness Posters in public places",
and distribute a "student membership activation form" to each of its students
(9-12), and to all new students, each year.
        After reading theblurb, the one catch that I can see is that
replacement copies are made available for $10.00 each (does this mean that
each subsequent year the school takes part in this, they will wind up with
several hundred dollars' worth of 'replacement copies' on an annual basis?),
although 'no fee will be assessed for lost or damaged tapes or computer
programs".
        Has anyone out there actually used this Career Research Network?
What has your experience been?  Please reply to me directly.  TIA!

Teresa Holten           Lyle Public School
Media Generalist        Lyle, MN 55953
teresah@selco.lib.mn.us

LM_NET Archive Home