On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Julie Anderson wrote:

> predecessor had a PhD in educational administration, but apparently
> couldn't hack being a principal, so he got stuck in the library for 20+
> years.  He had no understanding of library ethics or of what a library is
> supposed to be, as far as I am concerned.

I'll add one more horror story to that one. We had a former principal
once who was something like 3 or 4 years away from retirement and who
developed some problems that made him no longer effective as a principal.
This was before I joined the teaching ranks.

He was very proud of his book shelves because he arranged everything
according to *size*!  Then, when classes came in to check out books, he
decided what he wanted them to check out and put those books on a cart.
They couldn't browse the shelves; they had to take from the cart only.
He didn't want his shelves messed up!

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home