In these years of shrinking budgets, I'm beginning to question the wisdom
of spending $100+ on the Gale Research series such as CA, TCLC, CLC, NCLC,
SATA (middle school), etc.  When I first took this job ten years ago, and
my budget was twice what it is now, we had standing orders to several of
these sources.  With budget cuts, etc., I have pared down the standing order
but am still questioning my purchases.  I still get Contemporary Authors
and Contemporary Lit. Crit, but do I spend 1200/year for a few more
criticisms that only a very few students care to use?  I'd like your
thoughts on this.  We are a 9-12 school with two junior honors English
classes and one AP English.  Thanks for your thoughts. Betsy Stine,
Danvers, MA, High School        bstine@mecn.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home