I was about to post this to the list anyway when I read Joan Rosen's
message this morning.  I, too, am having problems with B&T after years of
good service.  Their practice in the past has been to send my order in two
large lumps - one soon after the order is placed and one about 2 months
later.  This year, I got my large lump, but 8 of the remaining books were
sent one at a time.  These books were billed separately and I got 8
cataloging disks, each with ONE record on it. I can't imagine how much this
must have cost them. The one-book-at-a-time was annoying, but it really
didn't bother me too much. However, it took them 2-1/2 months to send me
*Ironman* and *Midwife's apprentice*.  There were, admittedly, some
difficult books among the 15 that were cancelled, but one was Cooney's
*Night school*.  So, I'm looking for suggestions of a good book jobber (not
one which handles bound paperbacks), preferably one which can handle high
school and junior college level books, but any suggestions will be welcome.
I've GOT to have a source that handles the books or curriculum demands.
BTW, I haven't looked closely at the quality of the cataloging (I will
now!), but, unlike Joan, it has eventually arrived.  Please reply to me
(lward@awod.com) or to the list if it's general enough.  TIA

Lynn Ward
Porter-Gaud School
Charleston, SC