I agree with Joan Rosen's complaints about Baker & Taylor.  Our MARC records
disks are arriving sometimes 2 weeks after the books.  Moreover, it seems
that more and more titles are arriving with very brief records requiring much
more attention by us.  Often the records are not formatted very well, for
example, the entire title is crammed into the "245 a" subtag instead of being
split between the "a" and "b" subtags.  I hope someone from Baker & Taylor is
listening.  This is the first year I have seriously contemplating switching
book dealers.

Patt Moser
Concord-Carlisle High School
Concord, Mass.