I agree Bill, We don't want to play that game (stump the Librarian) Been
there, done that! How about a group of students sponsored by a history
teacher or a crack group of physics kids or a the Academic Decathlon club
doing the Librarian thing for a day. Rewards for the info hunters and
rewards for the questioners could be determined by the kids themselves.
Remember: We are not the Sage on the Stage but the Guide by the
Side-(Ghost of Madeline Hunter maybe--)

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, William T. Sears wrote:

> Marty,
>      It's not the librarian who should be answering the questions it's
> the student who should learn how to answere his own questions.  That is
> our mission.
>
> Bill Sears, Library Media Teacher and CA State TeleMentor
> San Juan Unified School District
> Mesa Verde High School         * *  Voice: (916) 971-5281
> 7600 Lauppe Lane            * * FAX: (916) 971-5287
> Citrus Heights, CA 95621* *  Internet: bsears@cello.gina.calstate.edu
> * *URL:http://www.sanjuan.edu/html/sj.schools/MesaVerde/MesaVerde.html
>
> On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Marty Rosenzweig wrote:
>
> > Anyone ever challenged the students to "Stump the Librarian"?
> > That is, having the kids ask both school and public librarians for
> > information on whatever topic they want - kids who pose questions that
> > can't be answered by the librarians get a prize.
> >
> > The objective being to get kids in the habit of turning to the library
> > for answers to information needs and in so doing, get them to be lifelong
> > library users and supporters.
> >
> > Sue Rosenzweig
> > mrosenzw@research1.bryant.edu

LM_NET Archive Home