Hiya,
Unless you truly believe in Lil'Abner, then Sadie is pure colored ink in
the funnies.  Remember her and her endless chase for Abner's hand?  If
you went to school in the 50's you might remember Sadie Hawkins dances
where the girls asked the boys.  Ah, to be so young and guileless again!
8-)

Karen Tyner                                    315-341-5872
Cybrarian
Oswego High School    2 Buccaneer Blvd.  Oswego, N.Y. 13126

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, nora mosley wrote:

> Hello fellow netters,
> Today a first grade teacher came in and wnated to know who Sadie Hawkins
> was. I looked in every reference book I have (which isn't many) and
> couldn't find anything. I thought Sadie Hawkins was a fictional character
> but she thought she was a real person. Any one know? TIA for any
> information you can give me.
> Nora Mosley
> nmosley@nccu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home