Hi People,
The 7th grade math teacher stopped in to see if we could plan some type
of a project that would have her classes using the library, both print
and non-print sources.  I got all fired up because we can never get the
math teachers in the library to do anything.  The teacher suggested we do
a vacation fantasy, putting 2-3 students as a family, give them a budget,
and have them compute distance(atlas), weather (internet), tourist
stops, etc......./he mentioned having them do a travel journal and tie
the work to reading..Has anyone done anthing similar or have any good
ideas.  I don't want to nix her enthusiasm at this point.  Please email
direct.  TIA.  Joan Brown<jbrown@transit.nyser.net>

LM_NET Archive Home