Regarding allowing folks other than students check out school library
materials, I have a volunteer who has, on occasion, checked out a book.
Early last school year, when I was absent, my substitute checked out my
only book on Kwanzaa.  When it didn't come back in a reasonable time, I
got our secretary to give me her phone number.  I left her a message about
how we needed the book back.  She finally got the book returned at the end
of the school year.  I thought I'd never see it again.  She was not a
regular sub in our building.

With money as tight as it is, I'm not in a hurry to invite the community
to borrow our books.  I have a hard enough time getting them back from my
students.  I really don't have the resources to provide everything my
students need, so how can I provide for the community as well?  I do have
students who borrow books they know their parents would like to read.

Audrey Glick
Monroe Traditionl Middle School

aglick@freenet.columbus.oh.us

LM_NET Archive Home