You all sure knew this one--Thanks!!  While I was formulating my reply,
I received even more mail about the subject.  I am excited, as this is
my first opportunity to show off the power of LM_NET to our English
Department!!

Thanks to Elaine, Jane, Nancy, Jo, Anne, Kathleen, P. Sigmond, Katharine,
Paula, Carol, Margaret, Rita, Carla, Jean, and Marianne, and anyone else
who has replied in the meantime or that I missed.

The book _Birds' Christmas Carol_ by Kate Douglas Wiggins, is published
by Houghton Mifflin (0-395-07205-0 and others).
It has been obtained from Brodart.  It is also in the anthology "The Fireside
Book of Christmas Stories" (Bobbs-Merrill, 1945).  Another publisher is
Ballentine 1987 ISBN 0-345-34379-4 $2.95.  It seems to be a Christmas
favorite, first published in 1916, 69 p. long and 20 cm.  Thanks to all!!

Terry Dudley
tdudley@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home