Greetings,
My name is Steven Burstein and I'm fairly new to this group. I have only
been on it for a week.  I can tell that you are a friendly bunch and that
is why I am going to ask you for sugestions on how to get a mentor.
Right now I am in the middle of my MLS degree from San Jose State even
though I live in the San Fernando Valley part of Los Angeles. The program
is offered through California State University at Fullerton.
i am lucky enough to have a Library media job at a school very close  to
my housewhich I will start on Monday.  I  have been teaching for the
past eight years at the elementary/middle school level so I have some
knowledge of working in a school.
My question concerns finding a mentor. How would I go about this? Do the
national Library organizations help in this way?  If so which are the best?
Any information i get I will gladly pass on.
TIA,
Steven Burstein
sburnste@wahoo.sjsu.edu
Parkman Middle School