On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Carol Muska wrote:

> I am looking for a good computer magazine for elementary students.  I get
> many requests from the students.  I do want a printed magazine, not one
> on CD-ROM.

I don't have a title for elementary students, Carol and Group, but I have
discovered that when I put out CATALOGS of ALL KINDS (computer, software,
automotive, modeling -- cars, airplanes, boats, helicopters -- ,
clothing, housewares, toys) on my magazine rack, students just *love* them!
They check them out more than magazines -- and I *always* have new ones
because I'm on every mailing list in the world!  As a matter of fact, my
middle schoolers used to line up for the _Tower Hobby_ catalog.  The old
copy was always frayed by the time the new one came in.

My very young grandsons, now ages 7, 4, and 2.5, just LOVE toy and
costume catalogs.  Their very favorite is _F.A.O. Swartz_ from New York.
If their mother really needs time to get something done, she can give
them toy catalogs and they stay occupied for some time!  What does that
say for our "shopping" society!  (Television doesn't keep them engrossed in
the same way.)

The teachers AND students in my school enjoy that huge monthly _P. C.
Shopper_ magazine/catalog.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home