   I've been monitoring the discussions about block scheduling for the last two
years and gathered a lot of valuable informations and resources.  However, I
haven't seen any discussion about student library aides.  Our high school will
be switching to block scheduling in January.  This year we have studyhalls and
I have student aides working for me each period. I can't imagine operating the
media center without their assistance in delivering equipment, loading computer
programs, checking out materials etc.  I do have an adult aide for 3 hours but
I don't think our district would hire a full time aide. Next year, we won't
have any studyhalls.
   I would be very interested in hearing how other schools handle this problem.
Do you give students credit for working in the media center? How do you select
them?  How do you evaluate them? I would appreciate haring from anyone who is
currently operating under a block schedule without studyhalls.
   TIA.
                           Joyce Croley

LM_NET Archive Home