Hi Steve,

You've made a good start!  I know you want someone close by and for that
I suggest you check with a neighboring school.  Also look into your state
and local library associations.  I know that we have a county level group
that is part of our state organization which is affilitated with ALA.
When I said, however, that you have made a good start, I was referring to
LM_NET.  I believe you will find plenty of caring and helpful mentors
right here!  Welcome to the ranks...  :-)

Cheryl
        Cheryl Bybee, Director of Library Services --  Northside ISD
        6632 Bandera Road, Bldg. D              San Antonio, TX 78238
                        (210)522-8190     cbybee@tenet.edu