In message <199509302210.SAA20660@listserv.syr.edu> Fred Muller Newton writes:
> I have written a 40 page pamphlet about the 75 year history of our school
> and would like to copyright it.  How does one do this?

As soon as as you create a work, you have a copyright.  You can affix a
copyright notice, e.g. "Copyright 1995 Fred Muller Newton" but
that is not necessary.

If you want to register your copyright, you do that through the
U.S. Copyright Office.  For answers to all your questions and more
visit their web site at:  <URL:http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/>

University of Minnesota    Fax: (612) 625-6817     sec@web66.coled.umn.edu

    The biggest danger to children on the Internet is FEAR MONGERS.

LM_NET Archive Home