I am now working with our library aides club, which is a group of
students I'll have about once a week to help me in the media center. They
are all dying to learn how to check books out with our computer, and I
know that aides are often allowed to do this in other places. My concern
is for the privacy of library records -- should students be allowed to
check out books to other students and know what this person has checked
out? I see the potential for abuse, and I want to protect everyone's
right to privacy. What do other places do? Has anyone else thought of this?

Cheri Estes
Detroit Country Day Middle School
estes@oakland.edu

LM_NET Archive Home