Here in our part of Texas (just outside Houston) there is an _unspoken_
ban on Halloween activities in the school. Fall decorations are okay, but
leave the teeth off the pumpkin. Scarecrows may adorn the library, but
ground the witches. I'm sorry to see this generation miss out on what was
such a fun-filled, exciting holiday for us old folks.

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Carol Harma wrote:

> I loved your idea, Laurie, but along the same lines I am curious how many
> elementary schools still allow Halloween costumes.  At least where I'm
> from, Halloween has nearly become a "banned holiday".
> Carol Harma, Guy Lee Elem., Springfield, OR charma@efn.org

LM_NET Archive Home