Please send responses to the following to my e-mail address rather than the
list since I am on "digest" and do not read everything.  Thanks!

        Our district tech committee would like to know what other districts are
doing in terms of staffing and salaries for tech personnel.  We are trying to
determine what our model will be for next year, or what we will propose and
request.  Currently we have grown to one full time tech "aide" at each of our
four buildings, and they are paid on an hourly rate at a bit better than a
classroom aide level.  We have put in for a district coordinator each year but
have been turned down.
        We would like to know:
1. What technology staffing do you have in your district?
2. What are their major job tasks?
3. What are their salaries (amount, salaried or hourly, benefits?)
4. What credentials are required for specific levels of staff?
5. If your district has only a coordinator, how are the computers managed in
each building?
6. What would be your ideal staffing?  (Give some indication of job
descriptions, salaries and credentials expected)

Thanks so much to all who can reply before October 10.
E-mail to:   c_burns@mentor.unh.edu
Cathy Burns
Oyster River Middle School
Durham, NH 03824