In a previous article, ZSIRAYP@MCADM.MCHS.CACHE.K12.UT.US (Paula Zsiray) says:

>Does anyone have any information about the language of Luxembourg -
>Luxembourgais (sp?)?  We are trying to locate this for our French
>class.
>
>We know they speak French and German, but they also have their own
>language.
>
>Any help/leads would be appreciated.
>
>TIA
>Paula Zsiray                zsirayp@mcadm.mchs.cache.k12.ut.us
>Mountain Crest High         Library Media Teacher
>School 255 South 800 East   VOICE (801)245-6093
>Hyrum, Utah   84319         FAX (801)245-3818
>* "We shall seek the truth and endure the consequences. *
>*                           -Charles Seymour            *

        Luxembourgais (sp?)? is a mixture of French, German, and maybe Dutch.
It is only taught at home, not in the Public Schools of Luxembourg.
When they start school, they learn first four years of French, then four
years of German and four more years of French, finally four years of
English, for more years of German, and French for a total of 12 years of
French, 8 years of German, and 4 years of English. Luxembourgais  is Not
taught in their schools.
        Skip Bleecker

--
   Harrie (Skip) Bleecker, Shepherd Elementary Library, Shepherd, MI
   Potter, Sculptor, Computer Artist, Librarian, Genealogy

LM_NET Archive Home