From kbaker@UMD5.UMD.EDUTue Oct 10 14:52:41 1995
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 07:33:47 -0400
From: Ken Baker <kbaker@UMD5.UMD.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list LM_NET <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Subject: SEC: MATH RESEARCH IDEAS

I am looking for ideas to spark an interest in my math teachers to get
them to bring students into the library media center.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken Baker

From marla.j.hall@uwrf.eduTue Oct 10 14:53:57 1995
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 08:55:53 -0500
From: Marla Hall <marla.j.hall@uwrf.edu>
To: Ken Baker <kbaker@UMD5.UMD.EDU>
Subject: Re: SEC: MATH RESEARCH IDEAS

>I am looking for ideas to spark an interest in my math teachers to get
>them to bring students into the library media center.

Hi Ken!

I love the series The Brown Paper School Books where a couple of them
are math - _I Hate Mathematics_ and _Math for Smartypants_.
I will do some of the activities with my fifth grade to promote
the series, like have them make moebius (sp?) strips or figure
out on what day of the week they were born with a series of
simple math processes.  If you want more info on the series, let
me know - they are fabulous!!  I'd recommend the series for grades
3 through 8.

Marla Hall -- Prescott Public Schools, WI -- marla.j.hall@uwrf.edu