> Does anyone know of an Internet source in which we could find listings of
> major events (social, political, economic, cultural) by year for the
> 1980s and 1990s?  This is for creative U.S. history teacher who is
> working backward from the present.

Susan,

I just ordered and received a couple of weeks ago Gale Research's holiday
books, one is something like _Holidays and Folklore_, another is _American
Holidays_, another _International Holidays_, and one smaller one I can't
remember exactly, _America Celebrates_ (?) but it, too, was about holidays.
All were about $90 each except for the last one and it was paper back.  I
was amazed at the information in those volumes. (Those may not be the
exact titles, but they are close.)

You could probably combine holidays found in those books with information
from a current Almanac and have pretty good information.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home