My daughter (who is also a library student at Simmons Library School here
in Boston) has a problem with a recently purchased  Magnum modem/Z Term
software.  I hope someone can suggest some solution.

She has a Mac LC III and just bought a Magnum 144 modem to use with her
Simmons account.  She had had little success and no help from the
computer salesmen or modem help line.  She would like all
configurations/set ups for the 144 modem using Z Term 85 software.  Her
theory is that she does not have the exact settings.   When
she dials in to the vax account it works but is very slow and stops and
goes.  The system is choppy and usually kicks her off line saying NO
CARRIER.  Very frustrating.

Let me add that when she used the 2400 software system I have on my
computer (Pacerlink) it worked fine so it is probably not the fault of
the Simmons system but the fault of the modem/software.
Help.

Please reply to me personally.  TIA

Janet Rawdon
Newton MA