Greetings,
We are looking at a total change in our history curriculum, K-12, placing an
emphasis on Asia.  Our faculty working on this project has come up with a few
questions that we need to consider before we go much further.   We would
appreciate any assistance with the following:

1.  Regarding college admissions:  Are students (including those from
overseas schools) required to have studied American History in high school?

2.  If a student were in an overseas school in the 9th and 10th grades (and
did not study American History),  and entered the US for grades 11 & 12,
would s/he be required to  study American History to graduate from a US
public school?

3.  Is it possible for a teacher to prepare a one-year course of US History
which would also prepare students for the AP exam?

Thank you very much.
Martin Swist

mswist@aol.com.
K-12 Media Coordinator
International  School  Manila
P. O. Box 1526 MCPO, 1255 Makati City, PHILIPPINES
Tel: (632) 896 - 9801-14;  Fax: (632) 899 - 3694 (GMT + 8 )

LM_NET Archive Home