One of our local high schools in our very rural county has a group of about
24 students wanting to take German.  Although the HS has advertised both
locally and in Southern Oregon (40 miles away) they've been unsuccessful in
finding an instructor.  So, they've asked me to do some snooping around
about Distance Learning possibilities.  The HS in question does not have a
satellite dish, so downlinking and taping would be done here in our office
where we do have one.  So far I've contacted Distance Learning Associates,
Ti-In, and SERC (haven't heard from all of them yet, but hope to).  It
seems as though the DL classes are pretty pricey, so I'm asking for the
wisdom of this group to point me in the direction of other DL providers who
have a good track record and don't want your whole book budget to serve
your students.  Thanks very much.  I'll post a hit if anyone's interested.

Kathy Graves                            kgraves@sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us
IMC Director/Librarian                  phone: 916-842-8427
                                        fax: 916-842-8436

Siskiyou County Superintendent of Schools Office
609 South Gold Street
Yreka, CA 96097