I do wish to receive the information resulting from most postings for
information.  However, I also wish not to download message after message that
contain basically the same information - - caused usually because of the time
lag in mail gates.  So if all who posted general questions would post a hit
(and for the benefit of those who are email subscribers and send a request --
mail a hit), and if all of those responding would respond ONLY to the
requestor then both "factions" would be served.
But one more comment.  "Hits" to me mean a summary of the information or at
least a compilation not simply copying all of the messages and including them
in a LONG message on this list.  That is really no different than having
individuals post individual messages piece by piece.
So in summary -- all questions should result in a hit; and hits should be
compilations not simply regurgitations of the messages sent.
Only one person's opinion -- take it as that.

LM_NET Archive Home