By popular demand--it's more info on Cameraman!  :-)

Cameraman is a Macintosh QuickTime utiity that records screen sessions.  So
I can start it, begin surfing the WWW and record the entire session.  Later
on I can replay the movie (over and over... as long as I don't get rid of
the file).  I use it for demonstrating the WWW and other Internet tools to
groups who aren't connected... or also when I am just worried about losing
the connection.  It's a great backup device for Internet presentations.
Cameraman itself is a bit of a one-trick pony, but if it's a trick you
need...!  It also makes great screen captures, which I then incorporate
into slide shows.  It is fairly easy to use and has a helpful if brief
manual.  Warning: it WILL conflict with some other programs--I had to call
the company and ask them for their list of known conflicts!

Cameraman costs $99.   I bought it as part of a set called Multimedia
Utilities.  I got it through mail order--probably Mac Connection, since I
often order through them, but I bet most Mac mail order houses carry it.
You may want to call around.  Often I don't even bother with the catalogs,
btw--mail-order companies often carry a lot more than is displayed in the
catalogs.  Btw, when I bought Cameraman, the package included a few other
nifty tools for sound editing, morphing, etc  (which I've never used).
Others told me that these tools aren't available in other editions.  Again,
I was after the screen-recording capability.  Oh yeah--you can record
sound, too (I usually don't, because then the files get enormous!).

There are other tools similar to Cameraman; either MacUser or MacWorld
reviewed them in the last year, but all of my magazines are in New Jersey
so I can't look it up!

Karen G. Schneider * kschneid@umich.edu *http://www.sils.umich.edu/~kschneid
Cybrarian * PhD Student, UM SILS * Columnist, American Libraries
Forthcoming: The Internet Access Cookbook (Neal Schuman, order fax
800-584-2414 or e-mail Neal-Schuman@icm.com). ISBN 1-55570-235-X.  *
Opinions mine alone.

LM_NET Archive Home