                      Subject:                              Time:  9:38 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         target>New York History               Date:  10/19/95

I have an eighth grade teacher looking for specific information on the history
of New York from 1600's - 1780's.  Interesting facts, myths, or legends not
found in general history books about the state are what we are looking for in
areas such as culture, environment, politics, climate, recreation, jobs,
etc...  Is there possibly a WWW sight that may be of assistance?   Is there a
snail mail address that could be written to?  Please respond directly to my
e-mail address.

Thank You,
Laura Steinfeld
Monroe Middle School